Grenoble is called the stunning capital of the beautiful Alps! A major scientific center has two thousand stories and it is worth mentioning that this city has had administrative significance since the heyday of Gaul and the Roman Empire.
Its location near the border created protection provided by strong fortress walls and the defenses of the Bastille. An impressive fortress towers over the city – built on top, which offers a stunning view of the winding streets with ancient cathedrals.
The ancient chronicles speak of the count’s city, located in the very center of the mountain ranges and described as a place of pristine natural beauty surrounding the city’s possessions with picturesque landscapes: lush green plains, dense forests, alpine lakes and mysterious rocks.
A beautiful corner of Alpine France
The capital of the Alps is a densely populated corner of mountainous France, reliably protected by the Vercors, Chartreuse, Taillefer and Belledon massifs around the circumference. Thanks to this, a climate has been created here, characterized by the softness and humidity of the Mediterranean.
During the reign of the Counts of Albums, the territory of the region was part of the German Kingdom, and after the middle of the fourteenth century it was transferred to French lands. Grenoble for all the time of its existence had a huge military significance for the country. Today, this city can be called a developed center of scientific research and information technology progress.
And the historical center of the city is of great interest to tourists – the abundance of attractions makes excursions interesting and unforgettable. In the nut capital, they create stunning culinary masterpieces – cakes with cream enriched with the taste of fresh nuts.
By the way, using the services of the site https://privatejetcharter24.com/grenoble-saint-etienne from Grenoble, you can go to Saint-Etienne.
Sights of Grenoble
- Saint-Andre Square is designed for pedestrians and just vacationers on numerous terraces with cozy cafes;
- the Dauphine Parliament building attracts with stunning facades created in Gothic perfection, complemented by Renaissance style elements;
Lesdiguires – this is the name of the sign of the hotel, more like a mansion. The beautiful building is located in a luxurious garden called Jardin de Ville;
- Grenette Square is called a popular center of urban life and there are many excellent shops, nice cafes and various restaurants on it;
- Notre Dame Square is luxuriously decorated with a medieval cathedral, a palace-museum of the bishopric and a stunning fountain with the ancient name – Three Orders;
- the cultural life of Grenoble is full of beautiful signs of museums, exhibitions, and in many halls there are a huge number of samples and exhibits on the topic of archeology, history, art;
- the Saint Laurent district, located on the north bank of the Isere, is visited by lovers of Italian cuisine, presented in a wide range of dishes included in the menu of several restaurants and pizzerias;
- the church of Saint Laurent was created in the Romanesque style and serves as an excellent museum showing valuable medieval exhibits, and the charm of the chapel is given by beautiful carvings and columns with capitals;
- The Paul Mistral Park adorns the city center and attracts with shady alleys, and the Perret Tower located here serves as a place of entertainment with light shows.
Grenoble is eagerly visited by tourists from all over the world, and the Olympic Games held in the late sixties brought special fame. The inconspicuous city still arouses interest in some of its features, for example, the charm of classical streets imbued with the spirit of antiquity, the beauty of mountain landscapes and the uniqueness of art collections in the museum’s spacious halls.